Back to top
5. Copying Data to CSP2
5.1 Previous Steps
At the end of the night, you must transfer data from Caballo or Clarity to
the /raw directory in csp2.
Before transfer the data you need to
write a 3 columns ascii file named 'skylist.txt', with the detail of images to be ignored(n)
and sky images(s), as for example:
12 17 n
123 155 s
170 170 n
236 249 s
In this case the images 12 to 17 will be ignored (pointing, focus, tests, failures, etc),
123 to 155 are sky images, 170 will be ignored, etc.
It is important, for the reduction pipeline to work properly, that
the Object field is as defined in the ObjectList file, and sent
automatically when the object is set for observing. Do not add information
to that field.
If the image is a 'sky image' write it in the pdf log,
and in the skylist.txt.
Also, delete from the observing directory all the irr*txt files generated by the system during observations. They would confuse the reduction pipeline.
Make sure you don't delete the skylist.txt file, which is
Now you can do the trasference.
From a terminal in Caballo, cd to /Volumes/Data_Caballo/RetroCam
and then type:
scp -r name__of_the_night user@csp2:/raw/DUP_RC_name_of_the_night
where 'name_of_the_night' is, for exapmle, 20120828_29
and 'user' is your login name on csp2 computer.
5.2 Turn on the reduction pipeline(OPTIONAL)
Back to top
6. End of Night
6.1 Fill in CSP Night Report and SN Logs
- Fill in the CSP
- Go to 'Add Night Report' and select date, telescope, instrument,
hours observed, and fill in the 'Observers' field.
Inform about objects observed
and calibrations taken. Give details about weather conditions and
describe technical problems, if any.
- Go to 'Add SN logs' to fill in the SN logs for the targets observed.
- This form allows you to input all the SNe of the night at
once in a comma-separated list.
- In the Filters field you can input a generic 'YJH'.
- Click on Submit and an editable list will appear.
- Modify the fields according to what you observed in the night.
- In particular, check the Filters and Weather fields
because these may change from SN to SN.
- The rest of the fields will generally have the same information
for all the SNe.
- Click on Submit to send the logs to the database.
- On RetroCam control window set 'Filter' to 'dk'.